Olga Kwak is a writer and vocalist. Her digital career began in 1996. She has written for a number of publications in Hamilton and Toronto, Ontario.
Above all, be the heroine of your own life.Nora Ephron
- International Women’s Day 2021How do you behave as a woman in 2021? Do you speak softly, smile frequently and use excessive amounts of emojis when you’re trying to get a pleasant point across? Do you send alluring pictures to men because you haven’t slept with one for a long time? Do you take care of yourself and yourContinue reading “International Women’s Day 2021”
- The HunterA hunter’s existence depends on the hand that they are dealt. The room is dark; dank with the sticky, sweet smell of fresh mud, and something more. The eyes of the Hunter adjust to the darkness and are drawn to a narrow light filtering through the tiny window above them. The moonlight streams down ontoContinue reading “The Hunter”
- Diary of a madwomanYears and years ago – 2013 in fact – you got so mad at the fucking world cause your daddy died and the rest of everyone that was left on this little blue dot that surrounded you left you wanting. Wanting what? Just a little bit of support. A safe place to land and takeContinue reading “Diary of a madwoman”
- How to take care of yourself during a pandemicMake good food. Make bad food thinking it’s good food. Learn to make it beter Buy yourself flowers. Take a really hot shower, than turn it to freezing, just at the last second. Make something Take care of an animal. It doesn’t have to live with you Listen to music, sing along at the topContinue reading “How to take care of yourself during a pandemic”
- Dry FebruaryIt’s day 8 of Dry February, nearly a year into the life that we know as post-pandemic. Why did I decide to do a Dry February this year? Much like my social media cleanse through the first half of the pandemic, this started off as a challenge in my mind. This isn’t the first timeContinue reading “Dry February”